Pages

Friday 22 September 2017

Hello ... an update and a couple of cards!


Hello everyone!

I hope you are all keeping well, I apologise for being absent for so long!

My eye surgery went well although it did take me much longer to recover that I had expected and my vision is still not as it should be so I am waiting to see what happens next .

I do have some great news to share -  my youngest daughter, Emily, did extremely well with her A levels and was able to get a place at her first choice of university ( Royal Holloway University of London) So her hard work, strength and determination over the last 2 years really paid off, I am so proud of her. She left to start the next exciting chapter of her life on Sunday. Needless to say I am missing her a great deal, we have always been very close. Happily, she  is settling in well and making lots of new friends.

Anyway, I now have a bit more time for blogging! Sadly, I needed to step down from all my Design Team work, except for DigiStamp Boutique, to concentrate on my family and various magazine commissions. Speaking of which, I was lucky enough to be asked by Papercraft Essentials Magazine  to design a set of cards featuring some beautiful floral images from DigiStamp Boutique. The magazine has been published now so I thought I would share a couple of them with you.
Sorry the photos aren't brilliant, I took them in a bit of a rush!





Items Used:
Papers - Craftwork Cards, Daisy Ditsy & Dotty
Dies - Creative Dies Plus Stitched and Pierced Scalloped  Nesting Rectangle 
Die-Namics Stitched Scalloped border
Creative Expressions Cascading Butterflies
Tonic Studio Scalloped Square layering dies
Sentiments - Personal Impressions


Thanks so much for reading though my rambling blog post today, I hope you managed to stay awake!  I intend to have a really big catch up looking through your wonderful blogs at the weekend. If all goes to plan I will be posting fairly regularly again soon.

Bye for now
hugs,







22 comments:

Wendy L said...

These are so pretty Sue, well done to your daughter and I hope you get back to normal sight soon, xxx

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Both beautiful card's Sue
Dianne xx :)

Stamps and Paper said...

Pleased to hear your eye surgery has gone well Sue...your floral cards are beautiful

Anne

Chrissy said...

Welcome back Sue with two gorgeous cards...glad all went well and looking forward to seeing you more often..

luv CHRISSYxx

Marlene Atkinson said...

Hi Sue, I am so pleased your eye surgery has gone well. Congratulations to your daughter for her great 'A'Level results and getting her first choice for Uni. Love your cards. Marlene

Nataliascraft said...

Glad your eye surgery went well Sue. Wishing your daughter all the best in University!
Your floral cards are gorgeous, love the beautiful designs x

Marilyn said...

Gorgeous cards Sue and I love them both! You've had many things happen lately and I am glad to hear the eye surgery went well. Congrats to you on your magazine commissions; congrats to your daughter and you have every right to be proud. It's like we want them to spread their wings and succeed but we are so sad to see them fly the nest. Giving her the ability to fly means you've done a grand job and she'll be a huge success.

Lisa xx said...

Welcome back Sue....and with two beautiful cards too!

Hoping that your vision will continue to improve....glad the surgery went well.

HUGE congratulations to your daughter, hope she is settling well into Uni life. I know how I was feeling, this time last year when Megan went off for her first year....keep busy, it'll help!! Sending you a great big hug. Megan is back on Sunday, so it's poles of clothes and text books everywhere whilst she is doing her packing

cuilliesocks said...

I did wonder where you'd gone to Sue, so it's lovely to see you back here and with two such pretty cards, the papers are gorgeous and beautifully designed too.
Good to hear your eye surgery went well, even though the recovery time has taken longer than expected.
Well done to your daughter, a new exciting adventure, take care Kate x

ALI said...

Gorgeous cards Sue, nice to see you back blogging, hopefully the eyes will settle soon.

Viv said...

Hi Sue. I too have been AWOL!
Hope things get back to normal with you soon - and well done to your clever daughter!
These are really pretty cards. Love the colours you've used! xx

cotnob said...

Lovely cards Sue, pretty flowers.
I'm so pleased that your eye surgery went well even if it did take longer than expected for you to recover. I'm sorry that your vision is still not as it should be - I hope you soon get some positive news.
Congratulations to your daughter, wonderful news - I hope she enjoys this next stage in her life.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Redanne said...

Thanks so much for the update Sue, I am so pleased to hear that the eye surgery went well, I hope things continue to improve for you. Wow, your daughter has done so well too, no wonder you are so proud of her, I am so thrilled for her!

Your cards are beautiful (as always), I really hope you will gradually find more time to craft in the coming weeks and month. Hugs, Anne xx

Sarah said...

Great to see you Sue and with such lovely cards and wonderful news about your daughter xx

Lorraine said...

Two gorgeous cards Sue, they are so pretty.
Huge congratulations to Emily too
Lorraine x

KraftyKoolKat said...

I thought of you on Friday sweetie and started worrying about where you were. The Lord has put my mind at rest and got you posting. So pleased to see you back with us again. Your cards are both awesome. Congrats on your commission work and I wish you all the best. Also family come first. Very congrats to your daughter as well, she has worked hard and had a lot to contend with.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Hi Sue....great to see your back posting....Hope your eye improve soon...beautiful cards....so pretty....Well done to your daughter.....Joolsx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Lovely to see you back blogging, so many are giving it up. very pretty cards. Hope your vision is fine soon x

crafty-stamper said...

Great to see you back Sue and hope your eyes improve-congrats to you daughter too-beautiful cards-love the simple floral images and co-ordinating papers
Carol x

sandy's crafty bits said...

hi sue ... just love your two little cards ... and glad to hear you have had some success in your eye op ... good to see you back in blog land ... sometimes life takes us to different places doesn't it ... hope things settle down for you ... happy crafting and love sandy xx

Tracy said...

A huge congrats to your daughter! The cards are lovely. Those little blooms are the sweetest and you always have lovely layouts. Hugs!

Mau xx said...

Hi Sue, called to say Hi on my return to blogland but it seems you are missing too :-( such alot of friends have vanished! I hope you are OK and that your eyes have improved by now. Great news about your daughter! I am sure you must miss her though.
Your cards are beautiful as always Sue, you always have such bright clean looking cards. Take Care xxxxx Mau

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...